Brush up your skills, or learn them from scratch, with our comprehensive tractor driving course.
Overview in Brief
The tractor is an essential piece of machinery for so many businesses and operating it safely and efficiently is absolutely vital.
Whether you’re an experienced hand, or just starting out, our instructors will steer you through the entire tractor-driving process.
The Finer Details
Platinum Safety’s Tractor Driving is an integrated training and assessment course.
You’ll receive a certificate of training once it is complete.
Platinum Safety will guide you through the theory behind tractor driving, with sessions on key health and safety issues.
You’ll also receive plenty of hands-on experience behind the wheel.
Basic operations and manoeuvring will be covered, as will using attachments, trailers and the power take-off (PTO) shaft.
- Health and safety legislation
- Controls and pre-start checks
- Operating the tractor
- Mounted implements and trailed machines
- Tractor mounted front-end loader.
Platinum Safety’s tractor course is designed for both novices and more seasoned tractor users. As a result, it can last from two to four days depending on the experience of those taking part.
What Will Be Covered?
By the end of our tractor course, you’ll be able to:
- Perform a risk assessment
- Mount and dismount safely
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation
- Understand the function of all controls
- Understand the hazards associated with using controls
- Understand the reasons for daily checks
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave the tractor in a safe state
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state
- Correctly attach a PTO shaft between the tractor and implement
- Attach the PTO shaft guards correctly
- Assess the minimum turning circle of the machine and the angle of the PTO shaft.
- Carry out basic operations using tractor-mounted loader.
At a Glance
- ASSESSMENT TYPE: Practical assessment/demonstration/assignment AND formal questioning – written or verbal
- DELIVERY METHOD: Training (with Assessment) Competence with Modules
- DURATION: 2 days