Earn a nationally-recognised, Lantra Awards Level 2 qualification to use pesticides safely.
Platinum Safety is an approved Lantra Awards Training Centre based in Co. Limerick and we currently have a number of approved Instructors. We provide Lantra Pesticide Training Services in Limerick, Cork, Galway, Clare, Tipperary, Dublin and Nationwide on request.
Overview in Brief
Since 2015, anyone buying a pesticide authorised for professional use must obey a key legal requirement.
The law demands that the pesticide will be used either by the holder of a relevant certificate or by a person working under the direct supervision of someone who holds one.
Platinum Safety’s pesticide course has been developed in direct response to that legal requirement.
You’ll earn a recognised qualification that reflects the national standards for the type of role you perform.
The Finer Details
Platinum Safety qualification is available for learners aged 16+.
You’ll reinforce your knowledge, understanding, and ability in the application of pesticides using plug equipment.
Lantra designed this course with both those new to the job and who have already established themselves in a pesticide-based role in mind.
This qualification will provide you with the mandatory unit – Principles of the Safe Use and Application of Pesticides.
Who Should Attend?
This qualification is suitable for those entering work, those who have established themselves in a role and those working at technician/supervisory/management levels.
What Will Be Covered?
Platinum Safety’s Pesticide course will assess your knowledge, understanding, and competence in:
- The regulations regarding the safe use of pesticides
- Pesticide product information
- Hazards and risks associated with pesticides
- Personal safety when using vehicle-mounted or trailed wick type applicators
- The measures to deal with pesticide poisoning
- Safe working practices
- The requirements for protected areas
- Environmental risks and protection of wildlife
- How to deal with incidents
- Factors to consider when using pesticides with vehicle-mounted equipment.
At a Glance
- ASSESSMENT TYPE: MCQ Paper AND Practical assessment/demonstration/assignment
- DELIVERY METHOD: Classroom and practical demonstration