Gain vital experience operating this key piece of equipment safely with our one-day course.
Overview in Brief
Pesticides are widely used across many land-based industries.
But they can be potentially harmful substances.
It’s essential they are handled, applied and stored correctly.
Platinum Safety’s pesticide course will teach you to do just that.
It’s designed for anyone who uses vehicle-mounted/trailer boom spraying equipment (hydraulic nozzle) as part of their work.
The Finer Details
Platinum Safety’s pesticides course is a balanced mix of theory and practical work.
You’ll be taught the basics of what the machine is and what it can do.
Fieldwork will be followed by a rundown of decontamination and disposal techniques.
- Basics of spray application
- The working principles of a hydraulic sprayer
- Preparation of machinery for work
- Calibration in practice
- Mixing and filling/essential PPE
- Sprayer decontamination, disposal of washings and machine storage.
To attend this course you must be able to proficiently drive the particular vehicle(s) used during training.
This course runs for two days if you’re a beginner, or one day if you have previous spraying experience.
You also should have attended our Safe Use of Pesticides course.
Who Should Attend?
Our course is aimed at anyone using, or looking to use, professional pesticide products in industries like agriculture, horticulture, and forestry.
What Will Be Covered?
By the end of our pesticides course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify and describe how vehicle mounted spraying equipment works
- Prepare and set up vehicle-mounted/trailed spraying machines
- Identify and describe how a spraying machine works
- Choose and use the correct nozzles for any application
- Set and calibrate the machine for a given application
- Fill vehicle mounted spraying equipment safely
- Clean and decontaminate all the equipment safely
- Service the machine
- Operate a spraying machine safely and effectively.
At a Glance
- DELIVERY METHOD: Classroom
- DURATION: 1 day