Demonstrate your professionalism in pest control by taking our Level 2 qualification.
Overview in Brief
Platinum Safety’s qualification will assess your knowledge and understanding of pest control for four different pest species- rodents, insects, birds, and wildlife.
It covers everything from their biology and behaviour to surveying and treating infestations.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you’ll gain a Lantra qualification certificate and a Skills ID card.
The Finer Details
This qualification will help you progress in your career as a pest control professional.
It consists of four mandatory units covering the:
- Control of rodent pest species
- Control of wildlife pest species
- Control of bird pest species
- Control of insect pest species.
Platinum Safety’s qualification is assessed through a combination of an assessment paper and professional discussion.
You’ll need to know about the latest legislation and integrated pest management (IPM).
You should understand the biology and behaviour of each pest type.
And of course, you should know how to survey an infestation and how best to eradicate it and guard against future infestations.
To ensure that other species aren’t harmed, you should take a control risk hierarchy approach.
Lantra has several pest control training courses that support this qualification.
Who Should Attend?
Platinum Safety’s qualification is suitable for anyone who manages pests, whether you’re a novice or working at a supervisory level.
What Will Be Covered?
The qualification will assess your knowledge and understanding of:
- The legislative requirements for animal pest management and the reasons for control
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- The Biocide Control Risk Hierarchy (BCRH)
- The biology and behaviour for a specific range of animal pests
- How to survey and assess an infestation of animal pests
- How to assess and apply an eradication campaign for the specific active animal species
- The control risk hierarchy for the chemical control of animal pests
- How to monitor on an ongoing basis and manage future animal pest activity
- How to record any treatments made and how to monitor and manage future insect activity.
At a Glance
ASSESSMENT TYPE: Short Response Paper
DELIVERY METHOD: Qualification