Gain vital knowledge of the key principles of insect control.
Platinum Safety is an approved Lantra Awards Training Centre based in Co. Limerick and we currently have a number of approved Instructors. We provide Lantra Insect Control Training Services in Limerick, Cork, Galway, Clare, Tipperary, Dublin and Nationwide on request.
Overview in Brief
Platinum Safety’s two-day in Domestic Insect Control will equip you with the skills and knowledge to provide a commercial pest control service.
The Finer Details
As well as covering the basics of this diverse group of animals, Platinum Safety will also cover:
- The biology and behaviour of insects, current insecticides and formulations
- The biology and control of ants, wasps, and bees
- The biology and control of fleas
- The biology and control of bed bugs
- Use and maintenance of application equipment
- The biology and control of cockroaches
- The biology and control of domestic flies
- The biology and control of fabric and food pests
- Safe storage, transport, use and disposal of insecticides.
Who Should Attend?
Platinum Safety’s insect control course has been designed for all abilities, from complete beginners to those looking to provide a commercial pest control service.
What Will Be Covered?
Walk away with an enhanced understanding of insect control.
You’ll be able to:
- Understand how insects live, breed and develop and how they fit into the animal kingdom
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of insect control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits, and habitats of the main insects found in and around domestic premises
- Understand the way insecticides are applied and the importance of maintaining application equipment to a high standard
- Understand the importance of storing, transporting using and disposing of insecticides safely and legally and with due regard to the environment.
At a Glance
- ASSESSMENT TYPE: Short Response Paper
- DELIVERY METHOD: Classroom and practical demonstration
- DURATION: 2 days
- RECOGNISED BY: Lantra Awards