Master the twin skills of our tractor and mower combined course.
Platinum Safety is an approved Lantra Awards Training Centre based in Co. Limerick and we currently have a number of approved Instructors. We provide Lantra Tractor Mower Training Services in Limerick, Cork, Galway, Clare, Tipperary, Dublin and Nationwide on request.
Overview in Brief
Both tractor and mower are essential pieces of equipment, used across horticultural and landscape businesses.
As with all machinery operating and looking after a combi tractor mower safely and efficiently is absolutely vital.
Platinum Safety’s tractor courses will help hone your existing skills, or it’s great if you are starting from scratch.
The Finer Details
This is an integrated training and assessment course.
You’ll receive a certificate of training once it is complete.
Platinum Safety’s tractor training will suit you if you are currently using tractor and mower combinations, such as Aebi Terratrac or standard tractor/gang mower. Our instructors will guide you through the theory, so you have an insight into safety awareness and risk assessment.
Then it will be time to get behind the wheel and use your theory skills to use the machinery safely and with confidence.
Basic operations and checks will be covered, as will working on slopes as well as level ground, using different cutting mechanisms and driving on the road.
- Accident causes
- General safety code
- Risk assessment
- Daily and pre-use checks
- Starting and stopping
- Safe methods of operation
- Working on slopes
- Types of cutting mechanisms
- Controls and instruments
- Warning signs
- Driving on the road.
Who Should Attend?
Platinum Safety’s tractor course is designed for both novices and more practiced users. As a result, it can last from one to five days, it all depends on your experience.
What Will Be Covered?
By the end of Platinum Safety’s tractor course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the main causes of accidents involving tractors and mowers
- Identify the risks associated with the use of tractors and mowers
- Elect appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify and understand the function of all instruments and controls
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s handbook
- Carry out pre-start checks
- Identify and report any faults
- Perform after-use maintenance
- Be aware of different cutting mechanisms available
- Set up and adjust the cutting mechanism to achieve the required standard
- Understand requirements for travelling on the public highway
- Be able to load and transport the machine (if appropriate)
- Recognise the safe working environment for tractor and mower combinations on typical ground surface conditions
- Assess the suitability of any ground before driving over it
- Perform adjustments to a tractor and mower combination to increase its safety
- Operate the machine in a safe and competent manner on varied terrain suitable to the equipment used.
At a glance
- ASSESSMENT TYPE: Practical assessment/demonstration/assignment AND formal questioning – written or verbal
- DELIVERY METHOD: Training (with Assessment) Competence with Modules
- DURATION: 3 days