Master the chainsaw basics with our comprehensive four-day course.
Overview in Brief
Platinum Safety is an approved Lantra Awards Training Centre based in Co. Limerick and we currently have a number of approved Instructors. We provide Lantra Chainsaw Training Services in Limerick, Cork, Galway, Clare, Tipperary, Dublin and Nationwide on request.
There is no doubting the chainsaw’s usefulness – nor its power.
But in the wrong hands, it is also a very dangerous machine.
Platinum Safety’s chainsaw courses will teach you how to operate a chainsaw safely and with real confidence.
It’s specifically designed for learners who intend to use a chainsaw only occasionally.
The Finer Details
This is an integrated training and assessment course.
You’ll be taught health and safety theory.
You’ll then move on to practical work, which will be assessed by our expert instructors.
Chainsaw maintenance is an important part of the course.
You’ll learn about daily checks and the sharpening of the chain.
After that, there are a number of practical sessions.
You’ll learn basic felling techniques.
How to de-limb trees and cross-cut timber will also be covered, as will dealing with hung-up trees up to 200mm/8ins in diameter.
Who Should Attend?
Platinum Safety’s chainsaw course is suitable for learners who are occasional users and don’t intend to work in the arboricultural or forestry industries or use a chainsaw as a central part of their working activity.
What Will Be Covered?
- Identify the risk assessment and emergency procedures on a worksite
- Assess trees to be felled for hazards and associated risks
- Prepare trees to be felled and identify escape routes
- Fell trees which have a diameter up to 200mm/8” safely and accurately using appropriate techniques
- Remove branches from felled trees in a safe and methodical manner
- Select and use hand tools and maintain them in a safe condition
- Takedown hung-up trees using hand tools
- State techniques that must not be used for the takedown of hung-up trees.
At a Glance
- ASSESSMENT TYPE: Practical assessment/demonstration/assignment
- DELIVERY METHOD: Theory/practical
- DURATION: 4 days
Due to the nature of the training, a minimum level of fitness is required for specific operations. Whilst we do not want to disadvantage any learner it is an essential requirement.