It’s never been more important to take an integrated approach to weed management, find out why with our dedicated training.
Platinum Safety is an approved Lantra Awards Training Centre based in Co. Limerick and we currently have a number of approved Instructors. We provide Lantra Weed Management Training Services in Limerick, Cork, Galway, Clare, Tipperary, Dublin and Nationwide on request.
Overview in Brief
With the future of pesticides becoming a hot topic of discussion, it’s more important than ever to use chemicals alongside non-chemical alternatives to create an integrated approach to weed management that is both effective and sustainable.
Not only will you leave with a nationally recognised certificate, but you’ll also walk away with the knowledge of non-chemical weed control options available to you and be able to weigh up the pros and cons of each.
The Finer Details
This is a training only course.
On Platinum Safety’s weed management course we cover the following sessions:
- Weeds and invasive plant species
- Legislation and best practice
- The weed – friend or foe?
- Designing weeds away
- Hot water
- Hot foam
- Weed burners/Infrared
- Integrated weed management – examples and scenarios
- Treatment records.
Who Should Attend?
Although Platinum Safety’s course is suitable for operators, it will be of particular benefit to the decision-makers.
What Will Be Covered?
On completion of Platinum Safety’s pestiside course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the principles of why we manage vegetation, including the benefits and limitations of doing so
- Understand methods of weed control and why they would be considered
- The evidence behind pesticide use
- Be able to explain the benefits of an integrated approach to weed management
- Consider an integrated weed management approach suitable to a specific location
- Understand the risks associated with the use of various control methods
- Appreciate that cost is not relative to effectiveness
- Be able to put together an integrated weed management scheme
- Understand the changing nature of weed control policy and practice, appreciating the importance of keeping up to date through additional training and refreshers
At a Glance
- DELIVERY METHOD: Classroom
- DURATION: 1 day