This programme is designed to meet the QQI specification for candidates wishing to gain the QQI Level 6 Award for Manual Handling Instructor.
The 5 day programme is highly interactive, with a focus being placed on the analysis of practical manual handling techniques, risk assessment and the development of trainer skills.
The programme includes comprehensive information on:
- Legal Aspects relating to Manual Handling
- Delivery of a Practical Manual Handling lesson – covering Theoretical and Practical elements.
- Anatomy of the Spine, Work Physiology, Fitness and Flexibility, Biomechanics
- Instructional Skills – to include student preparation and delivery of specified short presentations.
- Practical Lifting and moving of loads at different levels – Analysis of participant performance is a key factor of this module.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment and Ergonomics – This module focuses on the use of approved Risk Assessment templates to examine workplace manual handling activity. The module will also provide guidance on an important Risk Assessment Assignment that forms part of the overall course assessment.
Final Assessment includes:
- Student Presentations of Manual Handling Modules
- Written Test
- Practical Manual Handling Assessment
- Final Briefing on Course Assignment
- Course Discussion and Conclusion
Certification: Successful Candidates will receive the new Level 6 Award through the normal QQI submission process, subject to external authentication