Platinum Safety’s half day RTITB approved Power Pallet Truck Training course is designed to provide the course participants with the appropriate knowledge to recognise the hazards and dangers of working with Motorised Pallet Trucks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Staff who will be operating pallet trucks as part of their job.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable to use of pallet trucks.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Know how to correctly load the truck.
- Be aware of hazards associated with pallet truck operations.
- Use the pallet truck without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Brief summary of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Explanations of principle behind Pallet Truck.
- How to deal with pallet loads.
- Battery care and general maintenance.
- Practical exercise and assessment of skills.
Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and flipchart discussions throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided and used. A practical exercise and assessment also takes place.
- Maximum of 3 participants.
- ½ day duration.
CERTIFICATION Participants receive a RTITB certificate which is valid for three years