Platinum Safety’s Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) Training Course is provided by at our dedicated training centre in Limerick. We can also travel and provide the training course at your premises to reduce any inconvenience to trainees as long as the appropriate venue and machinery are available. This course is designed for operators who do not hold a certificate or whose certification needs refreshing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All those who select, hire or work in MEWPS.
On completion of Platinum Safety’s MEWP course, the participants will be able to:
- Operate an MEWP safely and correctly in accordance with the Manufacturer’s handbook.
- Identify their responsibilities under current legislation.
- Operate a MEWP safely – reducing the risk of injury to operators and others.
- Conduct pre-Inspection check on MEWP.
- Operate a MEWP correctly and access heights.
- Understand the duties of a MEWP operator.
- Know the specifications relevant to the operation of the MEWP e.g. safe working loads etc.
- Understand the potential consequences of their actions – using the MEWP.
- Refuel/recharge MEWP safely.
- Understand the relevance of identifying and recording maintenance or operating problems.
- Introduction to course – Legislation etc.
- Explanation, demonstration and practice in the correct procedures to adopt when operating a MEWP.
- Accidents – causes and prevention.
- Daily safety checks / inspection.
- Safe use of outriggers and stabilisers.
- Safe operating practices and safety video.
- Emergency procedures.
- Correct PPE selection & use.
- Battery charging & refuelling.
Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, flipchart discussions and practical demonstrations throughout the course. Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also used.
- Maximum of 3 participants.
- 1 day course.
Successful participants receive an RTITB Certificate which is valid for three years.