All Childcare Staff should do this course. Certification is valid for 2 years.
This course is designed to provide staff working in childcare with training in First Aid for children, while providing support to the Occupational First Aider (OFA) within an organisation dealing with childcare or child supervision. This is a one day course providing childcare staff with training in First Aid for children.
Aim: To provide training to staff employed in childcare or supervision who intends to fulfil a position of First Aider.
Training Objectives: On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate Paediatric First Aid
- Describe the responsibilities of a First Aider
- Understand and demonstrate essential life saving skills
- Identify and administer first aid to medical and Trauma emergencies
- Identify risks to children in the home or workplace
- Scene Assessment and Safety
- Responsibilities of a First Aider
- CPR for children and Infants
- AED for adults and children
- How to react in an emergency situation
- Child and Infant Choking
- Bleeding first aid
- Dealing with unconscious Children and Infants
- Febrile Seizures, Epilepsy, Diabetes and Asthma
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Burns first aid
- Head Injuries and Eye Injuries