Platinum Safety First Aid Response course aims to produce highly confident First Aiders with the skills and knowledge to provide care until arrival of emergency services. Platinum Safety’s FAR course is focused on practical skills and scenario training, this is backed up with the theory sessions to provide the solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
- The F.A.R. course is a replacement for Occupational First Aid
- Recognised by Health & Safety Authority
- Meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
- Develops a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.
On completion of Platinum Safety’s First Aid Responder course participants will have the skills to:
- Deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
- Provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
- Provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
- Display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
Platinum Safety’s course includes:
- Incident management
- Cardiac emergencies
- Patient Assessment
- Injury management & Shock
- Care of Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical injuries
- Common Medical emergencies
- Adult C.P.R. & AED
- Infant C.P.R & AED
This First Aid Response course provided by Platinum Safety is available in Limerick, Cork, Waterford, Clare, Tipperary, Kerry, Galway Dublin and also available on request nationwide. This course is ideal for creches and child care facilities
Duration: 3 Days
Certification: 2 Year certification, from Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council recognised by Health & Safety Authority, following successful assessments.