The Fire Warden course is designed to cover all the essential duties of a fire warden from drills to the development of emergency plans. It is a legal obligation for businesses to have an adequate fire plan in the event of an emergency. The responsibility of the Fire Warden is to implement a plan of action in the occurrence of a blaze, and to also monitor and maintain safe standards within the premises.
Section 11(1)(c) of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 states that the employer is required by law to have an acting Fire Warden designated to a workplace.
Who should attend: Any individual who has been nominated to take on the role of Fire Warden in the workplace.
- List their duties as a Fire Warden.
- Identify potential fire hazards in the workplace.
- Use fire extinguishing equipment effectively.
- Develop and assist in fire management procedures.
- Management of evacuation procedures.
- Legislation of fire safety
- Management responsibilities
- Fire classification
- Flammable liquids and gases
- Evacuation process and emergency plans
- Identification of hazard and control
- Fire protection installations
- First aid fire fighting
- Audit and maintenance procedures
- Evacuation procedure
Certification: Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a Platinum Safety Fire Warden certification. Thereafter course refreshment is recommended after 2 years.
Duration: 1 Day